The Remote Support Desk is the central point of contact for all VoIP related incidents and requests. The technician must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail and remote connection to clients’ servers.
The Jnr VOIP/PBX Technician provides first line remote support to all existing and new customers. This role resolves issues without the need to be onsite, the Jnr VOIP/PBX Technician must be able to effectively guide the user on the other side as well as access their system remotely to diagnose the issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Diagnose and resolve issues remotely as they are logged.
• Remote setup of VOIP servers and related equipment.
• To drive service improvement and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure performance monitoring and optimization of all installations.
• Provide feedback with status and progress of calls.
• Assistance with connectivity issues.
• Communication to relevant ISP service providers.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualifications and experience
• A+ N+ is highly beneficial
• Minimum of three years’ experience in VoIP telecommunications/networking related industry
• Must have solid understanding and hands on experience in Asterisk/Linux and Mitel systems.
• Experience with wireless networking equipment.
• Experience in Microsoft outlook
• Min of year experience in remote desktop support
Skills and behavioral competencies
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and Afrikaans
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Excellent customer service management skills.
• Reliable Transport
• Willing to work standby hours when required
Package & Remuneration
R8000 – R12 000 CTC (Depending on experience)
Please email your CV to us
NB: CV in word format, recent pay slip, id & drivers, certificates
(Should you not receive feedback in 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful)