Medical Doctor (contract appointment: 2 years) (25 hours per month)
Job ID: 3717
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Perform professional clinical duties at Primary Health Clinic at Qwaqwa Campus.
• Dispensing of medicine where necessary.
• Referrals to specialists/hospitals/clinics where necessary.
• Handle emergencies on campus.
• Capture clinical notes on computer programme.
• Assist professional nurses with health talks and raising awareness.
• Available on short notice.
• An MBChB degree on NQF level 8.
• A minimum of two (2) years` experience
• Registration with the HPSCA (provide proof of registration)
• A valid Dispensing Certificate/ Dispensing License (attach copy).
• A valid driver`s licence (attach copy).
• Own transport (as the successful candidate will be expected to travel).
• Results Orientated:
- The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and to work to achieve success.
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
• Strategic Thinking:
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
• Business Acumen:
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn various university systems, including PeopleSoft.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
• Building Coalitions:
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
• Language proficiency in English, Sesotho and / or IsiZulu.
• Experience in medical computer programmes
• Experience in working with young people
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The salary is R7 88.40 per hour.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Plan is available at https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/sites/supportservices/hr/Resources/Employment%20Equity%20Plan_July2017.pdf. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.