Job ID: 3749
NB! Hard copy applications may be submitted at the UFS Visitors Centre (Gate 5).
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may also be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website
All applications must be accompanied by the following:
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Perform general farm work.
• Plant crops and remove weeds.
• Maintain crops, water as needed and take care of the plants.
• Maintain cleanliness around the farm (IKS Facilities)
• Harvest plants, clean and process harvested plants.
• Maintain a clean house and garden (where the incumbent stays on farm).
• Do deliveries and messenger work.
• Grade 10 or equivalent on NQF level 2.
• A minimum one (1) year working experience as farm worker.
• Willingness to work long hours.
• Good physical health.
• Relevant experience related to the duties and responsibilities as set out above.
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Practical experience in driving a tractor.
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
- The ability to stick with tasks, not give up, and overcome obstacles in completing one's task.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to maintain composure and self-control.
- The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
- The ability to cooperate with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible thereafter.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is: R125 620.46 – R162 581.30 depending on the budget available for the position, experience and qualifications.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.