Job ID: 3752
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
*NB! Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE OR APPLICATIONS SENT VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Administration of Applications, Admissions and Registrations (South Campus and Sub-regions):
- Applications process all steps: backend capturing, add application, constituent staging, verify documentation, etc.
- Maintain applications: MATR, DENY, WADM, Term Activate, Student Program/Plan.
- Manage Service Indicators.
• Administration of Graduations(South Campus and Sub-regions):
- Check records on a regular basis.
- Checking and verification of qualifications.
- Compile graduations duty list in conjunction with Office Manager. Track progress of graduation preparation.
- Checking for correcting of Students Names, Surnames, Qualification Names, Specialisations, distinctions and Graduation dates for both South campus and Sub-regions Certificates for Printing.
• General Administration:
- Provide general administrative support to department.
- Attend to general staff and students inquiries and communication via email, phone and meetings.
- Send information/communication with students via Blackboard, SMS, email and telephone.
• Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate on NQF level 4.
• A minimum of 1oe (1) year relevant working experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
• Results Orientated:
- The ability to stick with tasks, not give up, and overcome obstacles in completing one’s task.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and to work to achieve success.
• Strategic Thinking:
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
- The ability to carefully analyse information and use logic to address issues and problems at work.
• Business Acumen:
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- Sound knowledge of institutional Rules and Regulations.
- Sound knowledge of and experience in using MS Office.
- Sound knowledge of and experience in using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to be cooperative with others; display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
• Building Coalitions:
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
• A 3 year National Diploma on NQF level 6 or a Bachelor’s degree on NQF level 7.
• Five (5) years’ experience working in student administration in the Higher Education sector.
• Sound knowledge of and experience in using PeopleSoft suite.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is: R301 475.48 – R378 285.65 depending on the budget available for the position, experience and qualifications.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.