Department Basic Medical Sciences
Professional Officer (Human Anatomy) (post level 10/11)
Job ID: 3735
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
*NB! Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE OR APPLICATIONS SENT VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist lecturers with undergraduate student practical sessions, with specific reference to anatomy demonstrations and dissection training of students.
• Assist with the processing of marks and academic facilitation during group work.
• Assist with any research project that may arise with regard to the above-mentioned.
• Assist with practical performance of research and literature searches.
• Participate in the departmental research programme.
• B Med Sc. or BSc degree with Human Anatomy as main subject. A minimum of two (2) years' relevant working experience related to the duties and responsibilities as listed above.
• Results Orientated:
- Ability to stick with tasks, not give up, and overcome obstacles in completing one’s task.
- Ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
• Strategic Thinking:
- Ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- Ability to plan work and to follow plans.
• Business Acumen:
- Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- Ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to be cooperative with others; display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
• Building Coalitions:
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
- The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration and working with close supervision.
• B Med Sc. or B.Sc. Hons degree in Human Anatomy.
• Willingness to enrol for an Honours degree in Human Anatomy at the first available opportunity, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
• Proven academic working experience on higher education level.
• A good academic record.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is: R347 189.97 – R436 706.30 depending on the budget available for the position, experience and qualifications.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. . For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.